The festive season is upon us and because we celebrate it in the heat of Summer, there's nothing like enjoying a cool cocktail or two to make Christmas a little merrier. While some may enjoy their festive beverages with a splash of alcohol, others may prefer theirs to be alcohol free so they can avoid a headache the following morning. Whatever your preference, here are some recipes you might like to try.....
Naughty Cocktail Recipes (Alcohol Based)
Zonin Prosecco Cocktail -‘The Hugo’: Prosecco, Elderflower and Mint
Zonin Prosecco, 100ml (3 parts)
Elderflower concentrate, 30ml (1 part)
1 wedge of lemon or lime, squeezed
1. Place ice cubes in a large glass.
2. Gently muddle the mint, either using a pestle or your (clean) fingertips. Add to the glass(es) along with the juice from one lemon wedge.
3. Add 1-part elderflower concentrate followed up 3 parts Prosecco. Enjoy!!
Zonin Prosecco available from Dan Murphy’s RRP $15.00: https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_906618/zonin-prosecco
Orange and Raspberry G & T
1 punnet fresh raspberries
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
3 shots of gin
1 1/2 cups Nexba classic tonic water
1 handful ice cubes
Lime and additional fresh raspberries, to garnish
1. Place raspberries and orange juice in a glass (or cocktail shaker) and muddle using a wooden spoon.
2. Add gin and mix well.
3. Place ice cubes in glasses (we’ve used margarita style glasses) and pour the cocktails over it.
4. Then add tonic water, garnish with fresh raspberries and
5. Serve and enjoy.
Nice Cocktail Recipes (Non Alcoholic)
Elf’s Sparkling Summer Mocktails
1 bottle Edenvale Sparkling Cuvee
1 cup fresh orange juice
1 lemon, sliced
1. Scoop out the contents of the passionfruit and squeez
the lime into a large serving jug.
2. Place lemon in the jug.
3. Pour the orange juice and bottle of Edenvale into the
jug and stir gently before serving.
Bundaberg Traditional Lemonade
50ml cranberry juice
3 x strawberries
20ml lemon juice
Strawberry fan for garnish
1. Combine and muddle strawberries and lemon juice
2. Top with cranberry juice, shake and pour into glass
3. Top with Bundaberg Traditional Lemonade
4. Garnish with strawberry fan
5. Enjoy your drink!
So will you be naughty or nice this Christmas?
Wining and whining my way through life.